The Quality Engineering Group carries out research activities in the fields of Quality Management, Industrial Metrology and Statistical Quality Control. In detail, the main research topics are:
- Quality management and control in processes and production systems.
- Analysis and forecasting techniques for determining the defectiveness in manufacturing processes.
- Quality certification (ISO 9000, ISO 14000 and ISO/TS 16949).
- Benchmarking and product/process analysis.
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD).
- Analysis and design of Performance Measurement Systems
- Analysis of performance indicators of production processes and services.
- Analysis and design of bibliometric indicators for the evaluation of scientific scholars production.
- Analysis and evaluation of the diffusion of innovative manufacturing technologies.
- Large Scale Dimensional Metrology (LSDM): instruments and methods.
- Design of methods for measurement planning and uncertainty evaluation.